Now that's a meatball!

Saturday 7 January 2012

My first day

Like a childs first day of school I don't really know what to expect by having my very own blog.
   Like a lot of you I have kids and I love to cook.  I spend way too much time going through recipes on the internet and watching the Food Network.

   I finally came up with an idea that I should write these recipes down for one my kids grow up and move away.  
   So here's to them and to you, my readers.  I really hope that I inspire someone out there to cook something fantastic and fills their loved with with happiness.




Homemade Meatballs and Spaghetti


Sauce
3 ripe tomatoes
1 onion
1 cup celery
1/2 grated carrot
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp garlic/ minced
1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp red wine
1 can tomato paste

Meatballs

breadcrumb mixture :
1/2 cup celery chopped small
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 onion chopped small
Saute together until onions are transparent.

Make breadcrumbs, I prefer day old french bread in the blender.

Mix together breadcrumbs and veggies.
Add 2 beaten eggs.
Add 1 kg lean ground beef
Mix all together and form into balls.




Drop into sauce and let cook for 35 mins and med temp covered.
Cook your spaghetti and Voila....supper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment