One day while watching Eat St. we saw an amazing idea for hot dogs. We are already huge fans of a simple dinner so we thought why not give it a try. we really hope you guys like this South American recipe.
Pineapple Sauce (About 1 Cup)
2 cups fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
1/3 cup water
2 ½ tablespoons sugar or taste
1 ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
Juice of ½ a lime
1. Put the pineapple and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Press the pineapple mixture through a sieve into a small saucepan. Discard the pineapple on the sieve.
3. Place the saucepan with the pineapple mixture over medium-low heat and add the lime juice and sugar. Cook, stirring for about 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl blend the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and then stir the mixture into the pineapple sauce.
5. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring until the sauce thickens. Simmer gently for 4 minutes while stirring.
6. Let it cool and transfer to a serving bowl.
Ingredients Hot Dogs
6 hot dogs buns
6 pork and beef hot dogs or veggie dogs
1 cup pineapple sauce
1 cup cole slaw
1 small bag potato chips, crushed into fine pieces
1. In a medium pot bring water to a boil. Add the hot dogs to the boiling water and cover. Cook about 5 – 7 minutes.
2. Remove and drain on paper towels.
coleslaw, mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup, topped with crushed potato chips. Serve and enjoy!